Thursday, September 2, 2010

I Choose To Remain















Dig deep, and you shall find me right there
Memories you have long forgotten or chosen not to remember
but Somewhere deep down
I choose to remain
Buried under heaps of faces, images and words
unrelated to me or us

Over the years
I have seen it all
photographs becoming faceless
songs losing their melody
places getting lost in oblivion
words vanishing into meaninglessness
But somehow you haven't been able to lose me.
Consciously though you have tried

Its as if I have dropped anchor
and the tide has forgotten that I existed
making me an island without touching me.
Yet I don't complain
because I choose to remain

I have hope
At some moment in time
these recollections will break through
washed by the tide
they will compel you to remember
what you choose to ignore
I shall be free then
And you an island.

No comments: