Sunday, September 12, 2010

White Sands, Green Groves and Blue Seas




Kashid is a beautiful beach town on the shores of the Arabian Sea in Maharashtra. Its situated around 170 km from Pune and takes around 4 to 5 hours to reach.

Kashid was my first encounter with the sea in the 25 years of my life. I have always been a mountain and hills kind of a person. But the serenity of Kashid cast its spell on me.

White sand beaches, blue seas, green mountains, paddy fields, and rivulets, Kashid is a delight for anyone who wants to get away from the humdrum of city and spend sometime in peace with nature.

The monsoons had laid a carpet of green in the nearby rocky hillocks and Casuarina groves and the sudden spurts of rain sprinkled dance steps on the leaves of the trees. I wish I could have stayed for the sunset but maybe it was not meant to be this time. Spending a week or so with friends in the sleepy coastal twon would be an amazing experience and of course a lot many more photographs.































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

test

Swati said...

the pictures are brilliant! I am so proud of you Biku :)

That is what I am trying to tell u :P