Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My First Lightning Photograph




There is something about storms that have enchanted me since childhood. Back home in Assam, storms at the beginning of the rainy season are a regular phenomenon. And even when my mother would tell me not to venture out during a storm, I would just walk out and enjoy the bright flashes in the sky, the booming sound of thunder and the strong wind on my face.

This photograph is my first attempt at capturing a storm's bright moment here in Lavale. I haven't seen many fierce storms here like the one's at home but I just love it when it rains here and the clouds come in through my window. It took me almost an hour to capture this, patiently waiting at the window with my camera, trying to keep it in focus and in the right direction and clicking everytime there was a flash in the sky. But I dont mind the mosquito bites and the darkness and the wait. In fact I just love it. I would give anything to better this photograph, I know its a little out of focus.

I am sure in the future I will capture many more storms especially the one's at home with the wind on my face.

2 comments:

Swati said...

It's a nice picture.. and you write so well! :) May you be able to capture your dream 'Storm' pic very soon:)

Bikash Borah said...

Thanks... I Hope we have more stormy nights on campus... :) and I get my picture right... :)